Just in time for Martin Luther King’s birthday and Black History month, JPMorgan Chase has announced a $250,000 donation to classroom projects from across the country that promote civil rights and multiculturalism. Qualifying projects will be eligible for Double Your Impact matching funds, up to two projects per teacher of $1,500 each. Projects will be added to the campaign weekly at the discretion of the grantor.
Check out these fantastic examples of how your fellow teachers are integrating multicultural education into their classes:
- A class set of Harriet Tubman biographies
- Posterboard and paper products for presentations at a World Culture Fair
- Bilingual books to learn about Caribbean culture
- A wide range of art supplies to express differences in meaningful ways
- Books and CD listening center to get inspired by the words of Martin Luther King, Jr.